Breast cancer awareness is an effort to raise awareness and reduce the stigma of breast cancer through education on symptoms and treatment. Other than skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer among women. Getting mammograms regularly can lower the risk of breast cancer.
- I’m only 35. Breast cancer happens only in older women.
- Women with a family history of breast cancer are the ones who typically get breast cancer.
- If I had a mammogram every year, I would be exposed to too much radiation, and that would cause cancer.
- While the risk of breast cancer increases with age, all women are at risk for getting breast cancer.
- Actually, most women who get breast cancer have no family history of the disease.
- The small level of radiation from mammograms is believed to be safe, with the benefits outweighing the risks.
Signs of Breast Cancer
| Visible Lump | Breast Size Change | Strange Nipple Discharge | Breast Skin Dimpling | Breast Swelling | Breast & Nipple Pain | Nipple Changes | Breast Shape Change | Scaliness (rashes) on Breast Skin