Test Significance: A Doppler ultrasound, also called a Color Doppler test is a non-invasive test that can be used to estimate your blood flow through blood vessels. It helps doctors evaluate blood flow through major arteries and veins, such as those of the arms, legs, and neck. It can show blocked or reduced flow of blood through narrow areas in the major arteries of the neck that could cause a stroke .It also can reveal blood clots in leg veins (deep vein thrombosis, or DVT) that could break loose and block blood flow to the lungs (pulmonary embolism). During pregnancy, Doppler ultrasound may be used to look at blood flow in an unborn baby (foetus) to check the health of the foetus.
List of Common Color Doppler test procedures:
• Gravid Uterus
• Single Limb Doppler (Arterial and Venous)
• Dual Limb Doppler (Arterial and Venous)
Color Doppler Test Preparation:
Please call our Healthline to book an appointment at your preferred centre to undertake the test
• Generally, no prior preparation, such as fasting, is required.
• Carry all previous reports if you have undergone the procedure earlier.
• Carry your doctor’s prescription at the time of the test.